(They also apply to many kinds of difficulties.)
The obvious questions are these:
- What’s wrong?
- How can it be fixed?
- When will it go away so that I can have my life back?
You’d be mad not to ask these questions.
But there’s an extra sheet of questions we can ask, and that perhaps we don’t want to ask. Sometimes we’re forced to ask them, but maybe it’s good to ask them anyway.
- God, where are you in this?
- What should I do with my limitedness and my brokenness? Fix it? Or offer it to you in worship?
- Do I surrender (not to it, the problem, but to you, my Lover)?
- Do I mind not understanding?
- Where do we go from here, you and I?