Add a little zest
I discovered something.
Spice. Zest. Flavouring. The smell of coffee. Every organization or community or person needs it.
Kings have jesters. Newspapers have columnists. Our communities have artists, comics, novelists, playwrights and musicians. Even though they’re often wrong and not experts, they amuse, prod, unsettle.
The people who actually do the work in this life then go on and do it better.
I discovered I was one of these creatives, that it was OK, and that sometimes it even helped people.
I’m a Christian, and a writer. I’ve been both these things all my working life. My blog is currently one minute’s reading, once a week or so.
Start with two simple ideas:
- The Christian faith is revolutionary.
- It’s kind of slow
This blog is all about living and thriving in this puzzling world, trapped between the sublime and the small, the ordinary, the disappointing, the comic, and the crazy.
None of us are much good at this but it’s fun to share the journey.
Two of these titles can be downloaded free:
Some recent posts
- Start here
- Slow mission values
- Not sulking, just thinking hard
- Inconvenient truth (again)
- ‘Science’ and ‘religion’ were originally names for good personal habits
- Horrible hype
- The Kingdom of God as the ‘sphere of God’s goodness’
- 6 tips for surviving hospitals
- When the clouds return after the rain
- My favourite slow mission habit of them all
- 10 reasons to eat the forbidden fruit
- The fractal God
- Swing low, sweet chariot
- What I learnt from nearly dying